Alright we finally got our internet installed and we are now up and running.
Sooooo...now I have the daunting task of updating on the past two months, so here goes. At the beggining of April I hopped a ride with my daddio to Utah on conference weekend to visit with my friend Jamie in Salt Lake. They just bought a new town house up there and so I wanted to come and see the new house and go and visit her 4th grade class that she had been teaching this year. Their new house is awesome and her class is wonderful, although there are always those couple of kids who are a little more difficult, but even sometimes those kids amaze you. Anyways, Jamie found this market in Salt Lake called the London Market and we pretty much spent all of our free time there! I loved it! Everything, and I mean everything, is imported from Europe mainly London. It was pretty cool. We also spent some time at the English tea shop next door. They have all the english tea and biscuits you could want, Yummy. I also went to school as Jamie's helper/visitor for a couple of days and got to observe her in action, which was a blast and her class is very animated and fun! We also went to Trolley Square and had a birthday dinner at the spaghetti factory for Jamie's late birthday. I told the waiter that it was her birthday and he made no special effort besides bringing us nasty cups of what was supposed to be ice cream. He was very awkward through out our dining experience! We also stopped into an Italian deli and had gelato which was realllllly good, but left much to be desired of the pizza and we made a quick stop at this Disney outlet center which was cool. You could purchase all the merchandise that they had at the real resorts at a discount. We had a great weekend! Also while I was up in Utah I spent a day with Travis' family. We gathered as many brothers and sisters that were availible and went to dinner. It was good to see them. Unfortunately Travis was not there and he always hates to miss visiting them which leads me into our next adventure.
Yes, another trip to utah in April to visit Travis' family. It was really fun because Travis' oldest brother Tim, his wife Jocelyn and son Ronan came down to visit from Washington state and we had not seen them since last year. It was really great to see them and visit and see how much our nephew Ronan had grown and also see our other nephew Kelson. We almost had the whole family down except for Travis' sister and her family that could not make it due to illness. We really missed seeing them. We had a great time visiting family and friends while we were there and I also managed to take some updated photos of the twins (Travis and his twin brother Tyson) which pictures will be inserted later, because I downloaded them onto another computer at my parents house and I need to copy them back onto my computer. We had a great time and can't wait to see them again.
We also received callings in our ward. We are now the CTR 5 teachers. We have been teaching these last two Sundays and it is a real eye opener. We have about 7 kids that we know of so far. We have some sweet kids and we are really excited about teaching. It is a little trying for Travis since he works over nights on Saturdays and then has to go straight to church and teach a bunch of 5 year olds but I know it will help us to grow and we will receive blessings for it. So far it is a fun calling and we are excited to have the opportunity.
An update on my gardening experiment yields the results of...don't even try to grow anything here because it is WAY to hot and nothing can with stand the heat but dirt! All of my flowers died and my snapdragons never even came up through the dirt. My sunflowers and pumpkins look good some days and other days look like they are on the brink of death. I hope to be able to save the sunflowers at least until I can get them all to bloom. I have a couple of blooms and also have a few blooms on my pumpkin plants I just hope they make it!
Other than that I think it has just been regular days of working and hanging out! I am so happy to have the internet again and be able to update my blog and keep up with my friends!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Playing catch up! (April and May)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
oh you are so cute baby jess. I had no idea there were so many fun things in SLC. I want to go to the Disney outlet and the London thing. Those both sound awesome. I'm glad you had fun. I also love the part about gardening. You are hilarious. Sorry they aren't working out like you hoped. I'm impressed that you are trying to be a little green thumb, though! You are awesome.
Post a Comment