Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Twin Time!

This past weekend Travis' twin brother and his wife came out to visit with us. It's so funny, both Katie, Tyson's wife and I realize that when the twins get together us or "the wives" are totally left to fend for ourselves. It's funny to watch them together they are totally in their own little zone, cute little twinners!

We had a blast with them here and also being able to finally physically show some part of our family the true meaning of HOT weather. We tell our family it's hot but now they are our witnesses to the true intensity of the heat that we live in out here in the desert, and it was actually alot cooler than usual while they were down here!

We took them up the Palm Springs Ariel Tram. We took the tram to the top right before the sun set. We then walked around the little museum they have show casing the different wildlife they have up in the mountains here. We ate at the restaurant that overlooks the city and then we rode down in the dark which is really fun. Travis and I rode the Tram at night for my birthday in January and we thought it really cool, but there was no moon out when we went this last time with Tyson and Katie , it was still fun though. Seeing the city lights as we came down, really cool.


At the top of the mountain

At the the restaurant overlooking the city

My dinner

As we were walking back to our car we saw this raccoon.

We also took a day and made a little road trip down to La Jolla, without Travis because he had to work:( We went there the last time they came down and they wanted to go again. When we got down there we went to a little look out where you can see down into a little sea lion habitat. It didn't look like any sea lions were down there, but we saw some swimming farther out later on. They are so cute! We then ventured down to La Jolla cove only to discover that we had come just as it was high tide. We decided to brave it and as I was jumping off the stairs onto the sand I got totally soaked, so did Katie! It's funny because that is what happened last time we came too! So we threw our stuff up on some rocks out of the way of the incoming waves and started to explore the little that was left of the beach. The water was pretty cold but Tyson and Katie were total troopers and actually got in and swam in the water! We had a pretty fun time until massive waves started coming in and covering the whole beach! I started getting a little scared because I saw no way out and the waves just kept coming. I seriously thought we were going to get caught down there. So we high tailed it out of there pretty quick.
La Jolla Cove

Tyson and Katie at the cove



We ended our beach trip with In-N-Out, YUM and a night of games and a movie! Well, we tried to introduce the all time classic movie of Willow to the twins but as soon as the movie started Travis was out and Tyson soon followed, maybe another time we will get to finish it with them!

We had a great time and we love it when family comes to visit!

2 comments:

Kimbo said...

You guys are always do such fun stuff. I love it. I'm glad you had family come to see yall. It's so fun to show loved ones around new places. How's the apartment drama going?
p.s. wish I could have joined on the In-N-Out trip. Yummo!

Katie said...

I finally made Tyson watch Willow with me. Of course, I love it and he KNOWS that, so his response to the movie? "It was alright."...with a shrug of his shoulders and walk away.

Uuugh. I love Willow! I'm going to have to buy it for you for Christmas or something. Anyway, we had a blast too and thanks again for letting us take over your apartment for a little while!! See you in two weeks!!