The Tuckers October 2008
On Thursday morning we headed over to Riley's Farm for pumpkin picking, apple picking and possibly cider making. I took Travis to Riley's Farm the first October that we were married and we had a great time making cider and doing some of the colonial time tours that they have there. The farm is family run and owned and all the people that work there dress in colonial attire even the little babies of the families. It's a really fun place to go. They have lots of other activities like a revolutionary war re-enactment, barn dances, candle making and they have tons of berries you can pick through out the year along with apples and even pears.
When we got up there we got a bag for picking apples and we headed up to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins for carving. To our disappointment there were no good pumpkins left! I guess we will have to head up there earlier next year. The only pumpkins that were left were mushy and caved in from the heat of the sun. I was really sad : ( I really wanted to pick pumpkins this year because last time we came we just did the tours and made cider and this time I wanted to pick our pumpkins. Oh well, I guess we will visit the Wally World pumpkin patch this year.
So we just picked a bag of apples, which were also not very plentiful, and then we had a really yummy lunch at the colonial style pub that they had there. We had lots of fun and got some really fun pictures...
The reason why Travis came...the homemade pie!
Rock candy from the general store
Travis thinks he is funny!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Riley's Farm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment