After Spending the weekend up in Idaho with Travis' sister's family and attending Jaxson's farewell we decided to head back down to Park City Utah for our 5 year anniversary. We stayed at Westgate in The Canyons in Park City. Loved it! It is a super nice place to stay, in case you ever wander up that way.


After settling in we were off to find some yummy food we don't have readily accessible to us in CA. First stop Cafe Rio, YUM! After a delicious dinner we rented some movies from the red box and had a fun movie night in our condo.



The next day we headed down to Orem to help Travis' dad put up a new swamp cooler. We had fun talking with the neighbors and hanging out with his parents. Of course we had to stop in to IceBerg (it's where we met) the food is becoming more disappointing each time we go but the shakes are still 110% the BEST EVER!
Later that night we headed over to Jason and Larissa's for dinner. They just bought a new house and we wanted to see. Loved it and dinner!

The next day was our actual anniversary and I woke up to these beauties! My husband is an awesome flower giver he arranged them himself and everything!

Later that day we headed over to the alpine slide. We tried to take a picture as we were riding the lift up the mountain but the sun was right in our eyes, here is the best one without to much squinting.

Travis ready to go!

You can see the slide and lift that goes all the way up the mountain behind us. I was a little terrified to ride the Alpine slide because the night before Travis' dad told me the story of a time he was riding the slide with one of his kids and they actually flew off the track! I don't really like to do things that have to do with speed and me not having control but as I was riding the slide I thought I was doing pretty good. As I got the hang of it I tried to go as fast as I could but I think there was something wrong with my car and it wouldn't let me go too fast. Anyway we had fun!


After the slide Travis convinced me to ride the new alpine coaster. It looked intense. People were going crazy fast down that thing and it looked monstrous from the bottom of the mountain. But I decided to give it a try. I actually went all out, on this ride you control the speed just like the slide with two handles on the side of your car, to go fast you push them all the way forward and pull back to break. I was actually going all out like a speed demon and the kids behind me still caught up to me at the end of the track, crazy!


After our day at the Alpine slide we headed down to Salt Lake for dinner at Johnny Carinos. We had our family dinner here the night before our wedding and when we lived in Temecula we went there all the time for fun and special occasions. The one in Temecula is closed down now though so it was fun to be able to eat there in Salt Lake. My awesome husband also got me some wonderful jewelry, Love it! We had a great day!

(Us on our balcony before heading home for cali)
For the rest of the week we just hung out at our place, swam, watched movies and visited with family. It was a great and much needed vacation!
1 comments:
Hooray for some updates! Happy 5 years to you guys! We loved spending time with you!!
Post a Comment