Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008!

Election Day
November 4, 2008

Today is the big day! We get a new President of the United States! Something that is also very important here in California is voting on Proposition 8, to save the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

It seems like this has been a very emotionally charged issue here in the desert and throughout all of California I am sure. We have seen people rallying on the sides of the streets with the signs of support or opposition. Last night people were out on the streets until passed 11p.m. On one side of the street there were people for prop. 8 and on the other side there were those against it. I am so glad that there were no problems physically between the 2 groups and that it was a peaceful rally.

Both sides were shouting to all the traffic coming through the intersection. Horns were honking all night showing their support for either side. I know our ward has also been working very hard to get information about prop. 8 out to the public. They have started phone trees and also had volunteers walking neighborhoods and knocking on doors getting the word out! I hope everyone was registered and took their opportunity to vote this year! Everyone's vote counts!!

Travis after voting at our polling place at
Family Heritage Church in La Quinta CA
I voted early at the mall about a week ago! Yay for early voting! The lines weren't too long at the time we went today for Travis to vote though! I am excited to see what the results are! Happy voting everyone!


0 comments: