Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Green Thumb?


I have decided to try out my green thumb. So I got busy and I bought some planters and planted some mammoth sunflower seeds, their heads are supposed to get 1 foot in diameter, some autumn colored sunflower seeds, some snapdragon seeds and some pumpkin seeds...I know, I know pumpkins get out of control but I am going to let them go crazy all over our little porch that we have and its not forever just a few weeks. I am actually the most excited about my pumpkins! I also bought some morning glory seeds and I want to see if I can get them to climb all over this wrought iron shelf stand thing that we have out on our front porch. Then I bought some pots and potted some pansies and a hydrangea plant and a little bush with yellow flowers, I can't remember what that one is called but it smells soooo good! We also bought a humming bird feeder because the purple flowers that the apartment people planted in front of our door attract them and so we hung the feeder right over the purple flowers, that is Travis' favorite part he loves to watch for the humming birds to come and see if they eat out of our feeder. We also got a wooden patio set so that we could sit out on our porch in the evenings when it's cooler outside. I love our new little patio/porch. Here are some pictures...

The new porch
My Planters that have mammoth sunflowers, autumn colored sunflowers and pumpkins

1 comments:

Katie said...

Ahh! What a great idea! You're so creative and homey. I should do something like that on our porch. It's been pretty bare and summer is coming up. It could use a few plants out there.