Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

Anniversary Number Three!

3Years!


Monday was our 3 year anniversary! Travis picked me up from my parents house and I had no idea where we were going only that we were heading north. Eventually we ended up in Beverly Hills! i was so excited! We stayed in a four star hotel off of Santa Monica Blvd, on the Avenue of the stars!

Our Hotel

Our hotel was right down the street from the LA Temple
The first day we just relaxed in our room and later that night we had dinner at the restaurant in our hotel where Travis gave me an awesome anniversary present, a pair of diamond earrings! I love them! I have been wanting a pair for a long time! I am a lucky girl! Thank you Travio!




We then went out to look around and down Santa Monica Blvd. and had ice cream!


On Tuesday we headed up to Hollywood and went to Universal Studios! It was a great day, perfect temperature.




The first attraction on the agenda was, of course, The Simpsons! It's new at Universal and Travis was very excited to go and check it out!



Then Travis dragged me, literally, into the House of Horrors! I am terriffied of Haunted houses! I love scary movies, but not when it becomes part of my reality! There were real actors throughout the maze of horror, and they always say that they are not allowed to touch you or you to touch them, but I don't trust them! I was freaked the whole time! We started out as the first people in the group to go through and I was so scared that all the "actors" were chasing me because I was a girl and I was screaming! We eventually ended up catching up with the group in front of us because I just started running through! Anyways, this is a picture to prove that I lived through the experience!

The Jurassic Park Ride!


Then we took a stroll up Notting Hill!






If only it were the real London! I have to wait 6 more months for that! But we had fun none the less!

The Jaws shark!
The HULK!



King Kong~this is on the Universal City walk on your way in and out of Universal Studios
We had to take these escalators down to another area of the park.
You had to get on like 5 just to get down there.
We saw Shrek 4-D

We ate lunch at Mel's diner.
It was really good, better than any other amusement park food I have had.
Waiting to see the Water World show!

After the Water World show. We sat in the wet zone, thinking that it would not be that bad because we were not in the "soak" zone, but we got soaked! I was not very happy!
Travis didn't get it as bad as me because he would lean over when the waves came.
So his back is what mostly got wet.
About to see Terminator 2

We went on The Mummy ride!
The last attraction of the day, the tramway Studio Tour.
There was a fire that broke out literally 2 days before we went to Universal Studios. It burned down some exterior NY sets, it only burned 1% of the studio and they said that it will all be rebuilt.
We saw a set where the War of the Worlds was filmed.
Most of the debris is from the homes of the cast.
The Bates Motel!
Dr. Seuss' The Grinch set
We got to see all the houses on Wisteria Lane.
Desperate House Wives set.
We got to see how the rain and flood effects worked on the sets.

Jurassic Park props.
And what trip to Hollywood is complete
without a picture in front of the Hollywood sign!

Funny fact: on our way back to our hotel we took a wrong turn and were lost in LA for 2 hours! But we got to see a filming of a music video for the Pussycat Dolls on Hollywood Blvd. Ok, maybe not so funny!


Wednesday we were off to Six Flags!
I hadn't been there in a while and we were pretty excited to ride the roller coasters!



Waiting in line for Ninja! Hi-Ya!


Gotham City! Riddler's Revenge!

I had to take a picture of this because when ever Travis asks me a question he always says, "Riddle me this?" It cracks me up every time!

Batman!
Daaa da daaa da daaa da daaa da Batman!

Taking a lemonade/water break! Yummy!

I was very thirsty!
Viper! I loved this ride when I was a teen!
I remember running through the line and riding as many times as we could!
The most relaxing ride of the day! The Swings!
Scream!
Xtreme 2 or X2
The scariest ride in the WORLD! No joke!
The survival pictures!
Seriously I was scared for my life the whole ride!
My eyes were closed 90% of the time and my mouth was open 100% of the time screaming!
Very scary but we did it!
And that concludes our 3 year anniversary!
We had a great time this year and I can't wait til next year!
Happy 3 years to us!


6 comments:

Liz said...

How fun!! Your anniversary was way cooler than mine!

Katie said...

Yes! Happy 3 years to you! Looks like you had fun! :)3 years is quite an accomplishment!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. What a fun husband for planning all of that and surprising you - the diamond earrings arent bad either. Happy anniversary - you are missed in Redhawk ward!

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had so much fun!!

Allison said...

It's been 3 years already! Wow! I can't believe it. Congratulations. Looks like you two had a BLAST!!

Kimbo said...

What a fun anniversary. I'm going to send Mike to your blog to get a few hints. I'm glad to see Travis is still surprising you and treating you like a princess. Love all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing!!!